1.3K views

One of the worst customer service experiences I've ever had. I purchased a $450 Treasure Garden market umbrella From Fresh Home & Garden which snapped in half 8 days after I brought it home. When I went back to return it, I was told by the store's co-owner that they don't warrantee the product and that I was basically out of luck. This was not mentioned at the time of purchase, nor is it indicated anywhere on the receipt. I had to ask for the manufacturer's contact info to see if I could submit a claim directly. Instead, my claim was forwarded to the local Treasure Garden dealer who informed me that "Treasure Gardens warranty specifically states that acts of nature ...are not covered by their manufacturer's warranty." As of April 23, 2010 I still have not received a copy of this warranty, nor have I received any satisfactory resolution to my claim. Upon further investigation, I was able to find the same umbrella through Amazon.com for $149. Obviously I was duped by a unscrupulous retailer whose outrageous markup practices lulled me into believing I was buying a higher quality product than I actually received, as well as a manufacturer whose warranty protects no one but themselves.

Damage Resulting = I'm out $450. The retailer has since offered to sell me a replacement for $225 which would put me out $675 for an umbrella which is obviously not worth a cent

Review about: Treasure Garden Umbrella.

Had an Experience with Treasure Garden?

Comments

Just another piece of junk from China, Treasure Gardens is headquartered and manufactured in Nagobo China, my four hundred dollar plus umbrella broke at the cheep pot metal swivel joint, no recourse and no replacement parts, and was not wind damage, almost lost a finger when it snaped, always ask where a product is made, don't assume it is high quality just because it is expensive and or overpriced.

Los Angeles, California, United States #971279

You'd think with such a high price tag - that TREASURE GARDEN would list a DIRECT NUMBER for their customer service rather than pass the buck on to their dealers who carry the actual umbrellas - BUT NOT THE PARTS!BIG mistake!

My very expensive umbrella needs a very cheap part that blew off in the wind - but no one seems to carry it.What a joke!

El Segundo, California, United States #831083

I bought a TG Umbrella 11 years ago, and with the exception of having to re-sew a few seams at the wind pockets (after washing), I haven't had any issues until today; even the material hasn't faded.

The topper broke upon removing it to clean the umbrella.Unfortunate thing is, the manufacture provides no way to contact them on their web site, nor have i had any luck finding a replacement part on line.

I originally purchased the umbrella a Stats, who stated they couldn't order a replacement topper, but was able to provide me my model number.

11 years - I'm not going to complain too much, but other than the topper (final) its in perfect shape, so a little frustrated that it looks like i may need to shell out 100's because i cant find a $10.00 part.

Going to try I the contact at TG that was posted on this thread.Fingers crossed.

#720897

It's not warrantied against Mother Nature...,use common sense is a car dealer going to give you a new car if a limb hits your car and damages it? It not defective you have to be smarter. Why should a company be responsible for that?

Boston, Massachusetts, United States #687285

I have had a Treasure Garden umbrella for quite a few years. It has worked quite well. It is more the customer service angle that I want to comment on. As many others have noted, it is impossible to correspond with anyone from this company unless you Google your info. I found some people to write to on this particular site, however who knows if they even work there anymore.

As of this writing I have sent five separate emails to five separate people within the company and received no response.

I have no issue with the quality of the product as two spokes from my umbrella broke when it fell over. I'm trying to buy two new spokes but no one seems to want to help me. Or even tell me they can't help me.

If I were to buy another umbrella (and I may have to if I can't get the parts) I would buy from another company who I felt had better customer service.

Because, at this point, Treasure Garden's customer service is nonexistent.

Boston, Massachusetts, United States #660864

Used my umbrella 2 times and it snapped right at the crank handle would love to know if anyone knows where I could buy a new pole. From what I've see here treasure garden isn't a product I should have bought.

Dear Valued Customers, I do apologize if you feel that you were not able to get the proper assistance you feel was necessary.I would like to personally address each invidual's situation personally.

Please email me at tiffany@treasuregarden.com.Sincerely, Tiffany (Treasure Garden, Customer Service Manager)

to Treasure Garden Overland Park, Kansas, United States #855904

Would like someone to email me from Treasure Garden about my two shredded umbrellas. Cjm@mannfence.com

Boy do I feel ***.I talked my spouse into buying TWO of the TG cantileverd umbrellas and the canopy fell apart during the second summer.

It has cost us well over $200 each time we used the umbrellas if you consider the cost per use.

Right, no contact info.You'd think they would have some ethics!

Is there any way the broken arm can be fixed?

Mine broke in the first month also. Does anyone know of a business that will fix these expensive umbrellas? Obviously they are not made for states that are windy, which states dont have wind?